I was going to go in another totally different direction but thought it would be more fun to share my random thoughts from this past week. My mind is a really weird place at times. I can admit that. But, I think everybody’s weird in their own way. It adds to the cool factor. So without further ado, here we go:
10. J Cole and the Dreamville family are really a problem. I feel like rap was in a dark place and he and his comrades have been bright lights. Everybody is in such a rush to get a record with Kendrick and Cole, but I would be more excited for a project with Cole and his label mate Bas. Especially if they were to use one producer to do the whole thing. That would be amazing. They have great sonic chemistry on everything they’ve done thus far, so it leads me to believe a project with the both of them would be epic.
9. I’ve been watching Roman Reigns do over the past few weeks what I thought he would never be able to accomplish, and that get cheers from the fans. For as long as I can remember, he was getting booed out of the building. It’s not at 100% yet, but better booking has allowed for the crowd to get behind him honestly.
8. I left out of the theater after watching “Sorry to Bother You” and I was really affected. I thought it was going to be a wild comedy and to be honest, I was expecting to hate it. It touched on so much that was relatable and I highly recommend adding it to your list of films to see if you haven’t already.
7. I think out of all the shows that they are doing reboots of, a Fresh Prince of Bel Aire reboot would be pretty fire. I for one would love to see Carlton in this Trump era and see if he had kids and how they turned out. Will with a wife and kids? That’s crazy to think about.
6. With Lebron in LA now, the East is pretty open. I am pretty hype to see Toronto and Boston go at it in the Eastern Conference finals.I know that even with all the changed in the West that the Warriors are still going to win the chip. It’s pretty hard to root against Lebron after he opened up that school.
5. If they do another G.I. Joe movie, I really hope they do it based on Cobra creating Serpentor. The cartoon version was so good. It would be really good on screen. That or remaking the cartoon movie they did in the 80’s as a live-action film. COBRA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.!
4. Will Jay- Z be the first rapper to turn 60 and still be able to have a song on the charts? He still has his skills sharp to be approaching 50. It’s gonna be interesting to see when he decides to finally hang up the mic for good.
3. What albums are coming out the last portion of the year that are going to compete with everything that’s already released? 2018 has been a pretty impressive year so far for music.
2. When’s Class of Seventy Four dropping fire again? Seriously, this has been a major question around the office. We took a minute off to deal with some things behind the scenes, but we are working hard now on our next release. More fire soon come.
1. When the New Day break up, who’ gonna be the one to turn heel? My guess is Big E and Xavier Woods will turn on Kofi. I love seeing those huy’s together because they created that gimmick themselves and got over. I hate to see it come to an end, but I feel like it’s coming soon.