8. Firing up the grill has also become a staple for me in the summer. I LOVE to barbecue. I’ve actually gotten pretty nice with it. I’m not at the Jedi level, but I am getting there. I think about my wife and me traveling to compete in BBQ cook-offs in our retirement.
7. Is it really summer if you don’t hear, “Summertime” by Jazzy-Jeff and Fresh Prince? That’s a real question. It never feels like official summer until I hear that song come on the radio. I know I could YouTube it whenever, but it’s not the same thing. They managed to capture summer and put it on record to be played for eternity.
6. Bas has also managed to capture summer vibes on his new release, “The Milky Way.” Songs like, “Boca Raton” and ” Tribe” come to mind right away, but the whole album is magnificent. My wife and I renewed our wedding vow back in 2014 and Bas’s other album ” Last Winter” was all I played that whole summer. We went to Mexico for our honeymoon and I feel like that might have been pretty much what I played the whole time we were there.
5. Summerslam has become a summer staple for me now. WWE’s annual summer pay-per-view has had its share of good and bad shows. I still look forward to it every year. The one that just passed was actually pretty good. They set up some nice angles that I am very interested in seeing how they play out.
4. I think my favorite part about summer is being near the water. I am obsessed with the beach. The sound of the ocean is probably my favorite sound. I never feel more at peace than when I am near the water. I imagine that ‘s what the voice of God sounds like.
3. Bike riding as a kid was always my way of creating an adventure for myself. I was always a loner, so I would get on my bike and just ride for hours all over my neighborhood. I think that would probably be what I miss most about being a kid. The freedom of childhood is something you never miss until it’s gone.
2. We get two pretty dope holiday’s during the summer. The one I look forward to the most is the Fourth of July. Dad always did his thing with the fireworks growing up. He’d have the entire block out at our house. That’s crazy when you think about it. Nobody else even did their own. They knew Mr. Brown was gonna have the block lit. Now, my wife’s cousin Tony is in charge of the holiday. This guy puts on a professional level fireworks show. And, he gets BETTER every year. He once did a ten-minute finale that was almost tearing emoji worthy it was that good.
1. I hate to sound bias, but I feel like some of the best work from Class of Seventy Four has been in the summer months. From our homage to the movie “Belly” tee starring the rappers Nas and DMX to our “Summer Nights” tee, an homage to the television show “Three’s Company”. We slowed down this summer, unfortunately, but are hard at work on our fall release. Sometimes you have to step back and take inventory. “Class” is like our kid. We’ve raised it for almost ten years. It was time for us to be parents and make some changes. We hope that when you see what’s coming, and how it’s delivered and be just as excited about it as we are!